Friday, May 4, 2007

Playin’ Hooky, Ridin’ Bikes and Strawberry Pickin’

My busy season at work is half over so I played hooky today and hung out with my mom and my nephew, Avery. We went strawberry picking (which I realized I’d never actually done before!), had lunch and walked around Target. In every possible second in between activities, Avery rode his bike- without training wheels. He’s been doing that for almost a month now and at 4 years old is pretty incredible. He rides standing up; he rides without feet; he rides holding a newspaper (weirdly proud of that); and according to him he can ride with no hands and no feet, but that’s how he ran into the rose bush and ended up with two bandaids on his fingers.

Without further ado, here’s my boy (we don’t tell him he’s riding a girl’s bike):












Have you ever seen 15 pounds of strawberries? I made 2 pies tonight and plan to have mimosas all weekend.

No comments: