The lack of design on this page
It says right in my profile that I’m a graphic designer. So WHY do I have a lame ass template for my page the 2 people that visit my blog might ask.... I’ll tell you. I am lazy. Too lazy to have figured out all this blogger shit yet and too lazy to delve into the world of changing what already works. In fact, I’ll add procrastination to that list.
My friend Mike gave me copy for a flyer he wants me to design (or throw together) for an uncoming party of his. If I sat down to do it, it would take all of 15 minutes. Here’s where the laziness kicks back in. I open up the file, stare at it for a minute, go get a drink, come back and sit down, check the forum, watch some tv, write an email, call my mom, check the forum, do a little laundry and go to bed. The next time I sit down at the computer the damn Illustrator document is open and wanting me to work on it. Since it’s in my way, I close it and check the forum.
See what I mean? I can't pin it down as laziness, procrastination or indifference. I’m none of those things when I'm at work, but something in me once I walk into my door to my house screams DON’T WORK! It also screams: grab a beer, sit down, relax for 10 minutes and then do something productive. Too bad I never listen to those voices. I usually just call my mom. Anyone else talk to their mom 5 times a day?
::side note... someone gave me karma! I have one karma point!::



1 comment:
I don't call my mom 5 times a day. I talk to her a couple times a week.
Post a Comment