The Weekend's Over.....
And what a weekend it was! One of those weekends where you feel like you need to take Monday off just to recover.
Friday night was rather typical. Had dinner and drinks with some friends. Ate tuna and liked it for the first time. I'm slowly forcing myself to try some seafood items and am finding that if they are prepared properly they taste damn good!
Saturday was Skyler's 1st birthday party. It's hard to believe she's been around for a year! So my day consisted of nonstop activity beginning with shopping for a gift(s!) and ending up buying myself a bunch of crap too. Between the hours of 11 and 1 Shellie and I hit Walmart, Steve & Barry's and Old Navy. In Old Navy we literally had to force ourselves out of the girls' clothing section after loading up our arms with way too many super CUTE clothes. My favorite was a black rocker tshirt that said "I don't do pink" in glittery letters. It was more for her mom than anything. What's sad is she's only 1, doesn't give a shit about clothes and will outgrow them all in 3 months.
I did manage to pick up a pair of shorts for myself on clearance at Old Navy and found 2 outfits at Steve & Barry's for $29. You just can't beat that. They are having a sale and everything in the store is 6.98 or less. Enough of my shopping habit. I was supposed to stop buying shit since I now have a car payment. At least I didn't buy any shoes.
On to Food Lion since we'd both volunteered to make something for the party. Rushed home, prepared our crap and were again out the door by 10 till 3. Did the birthday party which was hot and crowded and full of cuteness. By 7 we were home and watching Law & Order. After my hour & a half break, I had to drag myself out to a "Queens of Blackness" party to which I had committed. As their honorary princess, attendance was mandatory. Had a couple of drinks there and was home by 1am. Too long of a day.
Sunday was my grandmother's birthday lunch. It was a good time. Great food, watched my nephew play in the pool, played catch with my brother and sweated my ass off for 6 hours. I think it was 95 today with a humidity of around.... oh, a zillion. Walk outside and instantly sweat. So gross. I'm in the 3 showers a day season right now.
So now.. I'm finally home. I washed and detailed my car and have settled in for the night. She's all pretty and shiny and sporting a plugged tire. No sad faces cause Jodi doesn't like them.
-icee, out



3 comments:
I read your blog...can't say no one reads!!! :)
yo, icy-
do you ice skate?
steve and barry's. is this the same steve and barry's i know from my college days as sweatshirt central?
first step tuna, next step SUSHI.
thanks for refraining from the frown. use them sparingly :)
over and out,
jodi/vanilla ice
lballer: it doesn't count if I forced you to read!
jodi: I defintely don't ice skate. Did it once as a child and hated every second of it. My name comes from my favorite beer. KC says it tastes like ass but I've been drinking it since college and become accustomed.
Steve & Barry's! I'd agree that, yes, it is a college sweatshirt warehouse, but they have so much more! Where else can you get hawaaian shirts, shorts, hats, shoes, and everything else in the store for under 7 bucks? It's where I shop for my dad, look for my sister's school and bought my grandad that VT hat her wanted.
I don't know about sushi. A friend's been pushing tilapia on me and I think I can do that. I don't do seaweed.
Post a Comment