Just when I thought this day couldn't get any worse....
Kelka made me LAUGH. A LOT. Thank you.
I'm still blah. My day kinda sucked balls. I work in an office environment. Cubicles, printers, lunch table, etc. So when 5 people are talking loudly, first thing in the morning, for an hour, about fucking YouTube and SNL, three feet from my desk, FOR AN HOUR, it's a little distracting. Not even a Planet podcast in my headphones could combat the annoyance that consumed me this morning.
I fussed for over an hour with one project and was very excited by my accomplishment there, and then right before lunch Excel wanted to be an ass and not let me fucking paste anything. So I take lunch. An hour away from the crazies.
And then right back to it. My afternoon meeting was unproductive and annoying and frustrating and a complete waste of time (much like the one yesterday). I finally settle back into my work for the afternoon and make great strides on a previously thought out and nailed down design. I go to get some input (input was basically 1 more hour of work) and on the way see the morning's project with major new shit added. If you wanted these 25 lines in there originally, why am I just getting it this afternoon?? A fucking waste of a morning is what I'm thinking. That will definitely be sitting on my desk until Monday. Fuck that.
So 4:30. Day soooo close to over. Working hard and my mom calls. My grandad's had a bad day. He's got cancer and things have been getting progressively worse for the last week. She's calling with an update, and bitching about my dad (which makes me VERY uncomfortable), and the hens ARE FUCKING TALKING AGAIN!!! I actually had to go outside to get some quiet so I could give my mom some attention while she rambled. To be fair, she wasn't rambling. It was all just a little to deep and depressing for me to be thinking about at work.
So tonight I went and visited with Granddaddy. He's so frail and sick, but still such an ornery bastard! He's driving my grandma crazy. He's bitching about her and she's bitching about him. At least that hasn't changed. They were delivering a hospital bed to the house tonight. He's wearing Depends and the only thing he will eat is ice cream. The phone rang the entire time I was there. I'm guessing the rest of my cousins must have gotten a similar call as I did this afternoon. I'm going to print out all the dirty jokes I have and take them to him this weekend with a Jamocha shake.
That's it. I'm going to listen to the podcast again and go to sleep. Fuck today.



No comments:
Post a Comment