Do You Have a Downtown?
I'd always thought that "downtown" was the old secton of a city that had all the big buildings, where the commerce is and the origination and the backbone of the rest of the city. Think of it like "Here is downtown. We'll build around that." And way back when, I guess they did that.
I'm finding that nowadays, the trend is to have an established city and then build a "downtown" in the middle of it. That's exactly what they're doing all around me. Except they're calling it a "Town Center." 4 blocks from my house now stands the tallest buiding in the city with another one under construction that's going to tower above that! What does that mean?
To me it means: I now have restaurants galore within a 1 minute drive- and good restaurants- not just old Ruby Tuesdays & Applebees- good shit like Ruth's Chris; buildings being torn down flat and fences going up just a block from my house; hope that super cool bars will turn up in the near future; a sweet view from my driveway- buildings and lights- you wouldn't believe the view; traffic; I might get a Target close by; loss of trees in my area; vagrant animals running through my yard with nowhere else to go (last summer we saw a fox); and finally my property value climbing and climbing! I'm sitting on MAD equity.
Anyone else a homeowner? What's your favorite thing about calling your place your own? Are you the HGTV/TLC type that loves to do stuff? Hate your mortgage but love your house? Redecorated lately? I'd love to hear it. We all have projects. My list is an evergrowing and everchanging one. The day I'm done with it is the day I sell. Hopefully at five times what I've invested.



1 comment:
i do have a downtown.
i frequent it often.
i do not own a home.
i reside in a box.
happy ruby tuesday's.
Post a Comment